autistic sense of smell?

I'm filling in an online assessment form for autism and quite a few of the questions are about smell, i'm not sure my sense of smell is that extreme, but in general is it the idea that autistic people's sense of smell is more or less accute than your average man in the street?

Parents
  • not really.... i think its individual thing.

my mum for example has absolutely no sense of smell at all. everyones sense of smell varies regardless of on the spectrum or not.

my dad has a supposed strong sense of smell or so he claims and gets nit picky about smelling things... but yet he overly uses albus oil in the morning to the point it ruins breakfast for everyone else as everyone else can taste the albus oil in our food due to how badly that stuff smells but hes alright with putting it all over his face and shirt or wherever he puts it so if he tolerates that stuff he clearly doesnt have as good a sense of smell as he claims he does. so all own to individual and what they think, they may think they have a good sense of smell but thinking is a totally different thing to reality. i guess its subjective, and totally based on individual preference.

• not really.... i think its individual thing.

my mum for example has absolutely no sense of smell at all. everyones sense of smell varies regardless of on the spectrum or not.

my dad has a supposed strong sense of smell or so he claims and gets nit picky about smelling things... but yet he overly uses albus oil in the morning to the point it ruins breakfast for everyone else as everyone else can taste the albus oil in our food due to how badly that stuff smells but hes alright with putting it all over his face and shirt or wherever he puts it so if he tolerates that stuff he clearly doesnt have as good a sense of smell as he claims he does. so all own to individual and what they think, they may think they have a good sense of smell but thinking is a totally different thing to reality. i guess its subjective, and totally based on individual preference.

Children