Anyone sensitive to noise?

I got a huge problem right now with a bike passing really close by to my bedroom back and forth which local government is enabling, and I think I'm getting some ptsd-like symptoms, except for 'post', it's more of a revolving door at this point, but like every time I hear the faintest similar noise in a movie e.g. I pause to see if it's external, and at my most extreme rarely I mistake my cats' purring for it too for an instant, due to the bass quality... I feel like I'm in Dante's Inferno, honestly, with the local government here practically forcing me to be subject to mental torture, even a death threat, which everyone simply brushes away... always hyperalert when it's happening and getting worse outside of it too... I try to keep this almost delusional hope alive of relocating, but sometimes the bleak reality seems to indicate that all hopeless and there is only one end to it (I just simply can't live like this forever... just can't...)

Parents
  • I have real issues around noise and smell. Struggled with everywhere I've lived my whole life. There is always someone making noise or smells which causes me distress. I also struggle being around people for long periods because the noises they make start to annoy me, even little things like chewing or my dad rubbing his feet against each other when watching TV. So I can't stay with other people for very long.

I'm currently in a nightmare situation because a noisy neighbour moved in next door and he bought the house. So I am now looking to sell and buy another house and I guarantee you it will be a detached house on a quiet road as far away from other humans as possible. I can't really afford that, but luckily where I work have said I can work remotely forever so I am hoping to leave the area and everyone I know and moving to some tiny village or town.

Seems extreme but I really hate noise so much.

• Hi I also find noises such as chewing and my husband rubbing his feet together incredibly annoying - strangely the thing that helps is introducing the noise of the tv or radio to override the annoying noise.  

• Yes paradoxically adding more noise can sometimes help. I mainly struggle with unpredictable and uncontrollable noises, which demand my attention and distract me.

I bought a white noise machine which helps with the neighbour noise, but recently I discovered I prefer putting YouTube on the TV with rain or sea sounds. There are 24 hour streams of these, and the consistent unobtrusive background noise covers up the annoying neighbour without bothering me.

• Yes paradoxically adding more noise can sometimes help. I mainly struggle with unpredictable and uncontrollable noises, which demand my attention and distract me.

I bought a white noise machine which helps with the neighbour noise, but recently I discovered I prefer putting YouTube on the TV with rain or sea sounds. There are 24 hour streams of these, and the consistent unobtrusive background noise covers up the annoying neighbour without bothering me.

Children
No Data