I miss having intense interests

last year I was completely fascinated by many things, particularly rainsticks, a composer I really love, my spiritual practice, and a particular person who has been a special interest for a long time. Since the start of this year though, I haven’t really had intense interests. I think this possibly intersects with mental health difficulties: I feel like I’m not entirely alive when I’m not deeply engaging with things. Does anyone else experience extended periods with no intense interests? I would love to hear about any ways you have discovered of moving through them and becoming really passionate and invested again.

Parents
  • I definitely have periods where I don't have an obsession, but it always feels like something is missing. Often I just use the time to get on with things I need to do but would be distracted from whilst obsessed, haha. I think I'd be able to ignite an obsession if I purposely started rewatching a favourite TV show or doing an activity related to one of my other special interests.

• Yep, makes lots of sense, thank you :)

Reply Children
No Data