I miss having intense interests

last year I was completely fascinated by many things, particularly rainsticks, a composer I really love, my spiritual practice, and a particular person who has been a special interest for a long time. Since the start of this year though, I haven’t really had intense interests. I think this possibly intersects with mental health difficulties: I feel like I’m not entirely alive when I’m not deeply engaging with things. Does anyone else experience extended periods with no intense interests? I would love to hear about any ways you have discovered of moving through them and becoming really passionate and invested again.

Parents
  • Yep, every lockdown I would just be lost and miserable. Being cooped up all the time saps the joy out of life, lol. As soon as the most recent lockdown lifted and I got released from my cage, my obsessions have restarted, lol. I don't think lockdown has been good for anyone's mental health.

• Yep, every lockdown I would just be lost and miserable. Being cooped up all the time saps the joy out of life, lol. As soon as the most recent lockdown lifted and I got released from my cage, my obsessions have restarted, lol. I don't think lockdown has been good for anyone's mental health.

Children