Nursing and Autism

I wanted to introduce myself. I'm Carlie and I am student adult nurse.

I was recently diagnosed with ASC last month and I am awaiting ADHD assessment. 

I love being a student nurse and I can't think of doing anything else now, but I do facer adversity and I do feel alone with my diagnosis in the work/ placement environment. 

I was wondering if there were any nurses or student nurses here that might want to share their

experiences or difficulties going into social, highly-pressured working environment and any coping strategies?

Thank you!

Parents
  • I looked in to this and did do a little volunteer work and intended to further go in to training but never went through with it in the end.

I would recommend getting yourself some ear plugs for when it's really busy and noisy. Hospitals are loud environments and if you're sensitive to noise like me then ear plugs are a must have essential.

My experience was a mixture of good and bad. Sometimes I wonder if I should've stuck with it but I wasn't diagnosed at the time, not sure that would have made a difference though.

I wish you luck with your career. It's a rewarding career to do.

• I looked in to this and did do a little volunteer work and intended to further go in to training but never went through with it in the end.

I would recommend getting yourself some ear plugs for when it's really busy and noisy. Hospitals are loud environments and if you're sensitive to noise like me then ear plugs are a must have essential.

My experience was a mixture of good and bad. Sometimes I wonder if I should've stuck with it but I wasn't diagnosed at the time, not sure that would have made a difference though.

I wish you luck with your career. It's a rewarding career to do.

Children
No Data