Nursing and Autism

I wanted to introduce myself. I'm Carlie and I am student adult nurse.

I was recently diagnosed with ASC last month and I am awaiting ADHD assessment. 

I love being a student nurse and I can't think of doing anything else now, but I do facer adversity and I do feel alone with my diagnosis in the work/ placement environment. 

I was wondering if there were any nurses or student nurses here that might want to share their

experiences or difficulties going into social, highly-pressured working environment and any coping strategies?

Thank you!

Parents
  • It's hard to know if you've been diagnosed with a syndrome or a chronic condition because it can affect your lifestyle. I hope you are doing well! It's great to hear that you are enthusiastic about helping people. I admire doctors and people who help, and I studied nursing. I mostly provide senior care options in a private clinic, which is also a nursing home. True, there are days when I don't feel like helping and meeting someone's needs because I'm in a bad mood, but I can't bring my stuff to work. I try to overcome that and be a smiling, sweet nurse to people who have less joy because of age and illness.

• It's hard to know if you've been diagnosed with a syndrome or a chronic condition because it can affect your lifestyle. I hope you are doing well! It's great to hear that you are enthusiastic about helping people. I admire doctors and people who help, and I studied nursing. I mostly provide senior care options in a private clinic, which is also a nursing home. True, there are days when I don't feel like helping and meeting someone's needs because I'm in a bad mood, but I can't bring my stuff to work. I try to overcome that and be a smiling, sweet nurse to people who have less joy because of age and illness.

Children
No Data