Nursing and Autism

I wanted to introduce myself. I'm Carlie and I am student adult nurse.

I was recently diagnosed with ASC last month and I am awaiting ADHD assessment. 

I love being a student nurse and I can't think of doing anything else now, but I do facer adversity and I do feel alone with my diagnosis in the work/ placement environment. 

I was wondering if there were any nurses or student nurses here that might want to share their

experiences or difficulties going into social, highly-pressured working environment and any coping strategies?

Thank you!

Parents
  • Hi,

I'm Chris and I am a registered learning disability nurse, having first registered in March 1990. I was diagnosed with Asperger's in November 2008 at the age of 49. I have just come across this network and wondered how active is this forum and what I can do to help people on the spectrum who are also health and social care professionals.

• Hi,

I'm Chris and I am a registered learning disability nurse, having first registered in March 1990. I was diagnosed with Asperger's in November 2008 at the age of 49. I have just come across this network and wondered how active is this forum and what I can do to help people on the spectrum who are also health and social care professionals.

Children
No Data