Nursing and Autism

I wanted to introduce myself. I'm Carlie and I am student adult nurse.

I was recently diagnosed with ASC last month and I am awaiting ADHD assessment. 

I love being a student nurse and I can't think of doing anything else now, but I do facer adversity and I do feel alone with my diagnosis in the work/ placement environment. 

I was wondering if there were any nurses or student nurses here that might want to share their

experiences or difficulties going into social, highly-pressured working environment and any coping strategies?

Thank you!

Parents
  • There are loads of healthcare workers who are ASC. Join the club. I was an autistic GP for 40 years. Your enthusiasm may be  taken  advantage of by others. Only work your paid hours! 

• I'm actually only enthusiastic about being at work in my working hours. I am currently very disrupted by the fact that my lunch isn't falling at 12pm every day like I could ensure in my old job. There are always meetings running into lunch time. Really bugs me. I never let work spill into my fun time because that spoils my knitting time, and I get very anxious if I can't have time for my interests. 

• I'm actually only enthusiastic about being at work in my working hours. I am currently very disrupted by the fact that my lunch isn't falling at 12pm every day like I could ensure in my old job. There are always meetings running into lunch time. Really bugs me. I never let work spill into my fun time because that spoils my knitting time, and I get very anxious if I can't have time for my interests. 

Children
No Data