Nursing and Autism

I wanted to introduce myself. I'm Carlie and I am student adult nurse.

I was recently diagnosed with ASC last month and I am awaiting ADHD assessment. 

I love being a student nurse and I can't think of doing anything else now, but I do facer adversity and I do feel alone with my diagnosis in the work/ placement environment. 

I was wondering if there were any nurses or student nurses here that might want to share their

experiences or difficulties going into social, highly-pressured working environment and any coping strategies?

Thank you!

Parents
  • I'm not a nurse but I was a social worker for adult social care until recently, and now I work for the NHS in a social work related but different role. 

I'm actually talking to someone in the trust I've joined about us establishing a neurodivergent staff group. She suggested it when I told her I'm autistic and she happened to be autistic too! 

• I'm not a nurse but I was a social worker for adult social care until recently, and now I work for the NHS in a social work related but different role. 

I'm actually talking to someone in the trust I've joined about us establishing a neurodivergent staff group. She suggested it when I told her I'm autistic and she happened to be autistic too! 

Children
No Data