What do you folks do to circumvent/cope with smell sensory overload?

Looking for any new coping strategies!

Parents
  • if you can avoid it that would be good but if you can't you need to try and find the opposite of what ever it is that is overloading you.

So for me for example, my main 'thing' is that I have very sensitive hearing so I bring my AirPods with me every where so if things start to get too much I can put them in listen to music or even sometimes not play music just use them as ear plugs just to quiet down the things around me.

I have quite a sensitive nose too but I had covid and it's messed up my smell since and I have hay fever right now so I'm blocked up but if I was somewhere with a bad smell I would try and get away as quickly as possible or take my self to a bathroom or something and just put my head under the collar of my jumper and take some deep breathes.

But I don't know what overloads you it could be other things hope this helps though 

• if you can avoid it that would be good but if you can't you need to try and find the opposite of what ever it is that is overloading you.

So for me for example, my main 'thing' is that I have very sensitive hearing so I bring my AirPods with me every where so if things start to get too much I can put them in listen to music or even sometimes not play music just use them as ear plugs just to quiet down the things around me.

I have quite a sensitive nose too but I had covid and it's messed up my smell since and I have hay fever right now so I'm blocked up but if I was somewhere with a bad smell I would try and get away as quickly as possible or take my self to a bathroom or something and just put my head under the collar of my jumper and take some deep breathes.

But I don't know what overloads you it could be other things hope this helps though 

Children
No Data