POLICE. Do they serve us well? - POLL!

Recently in another thread, a few of us started talking about our experiences at the hands of our police force, in the "Autistic son" thread and the discussion took an unexpected turn, where a number of people stepped up including myself, to pass comment.

Subsequently, an organised assault was made on several of people's accounts, where our complaints and refusal to accept the reframing of truth offered by the pro-police faction was said to be "abuse". I've since spent a fair bit of time talking to my mostly NT friends and acquaintances about their experiences, with our modern police force, and it seems my experiences are not so unique. 

Most people I know have very little involvement with the police, and generally are complimentary UNTIL they DO need some help and find out how it really works. Here of course, we are more likely to have interactions with them directly, so there is a greater pool of experience available.

SO PLEASE:

Down vote me. if you believe they serve us well, and up vote me if your think they serve someone or something else who isn't us, the paying public.     

If you have any stories (good or bad) which you wish to share, feel free to do that, below.

Tried to do a POLL as requested & got an incomprehensible error message and today is not a day where I feel like struggling with someone else's software. (Having used & administrated  forums by https://www.phpbb.com/ mostly, I'm not finding this one easy to work with at all).

Just up or down vote my OP using teh little up down arrows. Be careful though, once you've clicked on up or down, your vote is in and can be changed, but not undone.

It's a yes no question, and both the scores and voters are transparent to the audience.  

Parents
  • Can't find an up/down arrow on the starting post, sorry. I think the police do an excellent job under difficult conditions. In every organisation there will be bad apples, that can't be helped, but in my 60 years in this earth I've had a fair bit of interaction with the police, after burglaries, assaults, car accidents, and the like (never on the 'dodgy, ' end though, so can't comment on that), and I can't say enough good things about them. I know I wouldn't want to be in their shoes in this day and age, front facing the general public! I find that people, including the police, treat you well if you treat them well to start with. Go at them with an attitude and you're likely to get one back.....

• Can't find an up/down arrow on the starting post, sorry. I think the police do an excellent job under difficult conditions. In every organisation there will be bad apples, that can't be helped, but in my 60 years in this earth I've had a fair bit of interaction with the police, after burglaries, assaults, car accidents, and the like (never on the 'dodgy, ' end though, so can't comment on that), and I can't say enough good things about them. I know I wouldn't want to be in their shoes in this day and age, front facing the general public! I find that people, including the police, treat you well if you treat them well to start with. Go at them with an attitude and you're likely to get one back.....

Children