Absolutely Exhausted

Hi everyone 

If anyone can offer advice, help, or an explanation I would be so very grateful. 

I arrive home from work and I'm so completely exhausted that I need a nap. I wake up still feeling totally drained and remain that way until I go to bed. Regardless of how much sleep I have, I will still awake in the morning feeling so unbelievably tired. Feeling that way all day, I get home and need a nap, the cycle continues. I then spend Saturday lethargic, by Sunday evening I'm feeling better, then come Monday it all begins again.

Can anyone help, know what this is about? I honestly don't feel like this is living at all. Does anyone else experience this?

Parents
  • Ten years ago, I was completely exhausted after very little physical activity.

It turned into a drama trying to find the cause.

First, I went to my GP several times to complain.  This lead to several types of blood tests, including a visit to a hospital where they tested fresh blood on demand.

The initial diagnosis was a low red blood cell count.

The low red blood cell count was eventually blamed on a very low iron level in my blood.

This led to trying to find the cause of my low iron levels, was I a vegetarian?, What did I eat every day?

I was prescribed iron tablets which tasted absolutely disgusting.

The doctors never found the cause of my iron deficiency anemia.

I eventually looked at the patient information leaflets on my blood pressure medication and an iron deficiency was a common side effect.

I stopped taking all medications including the iron tablets.  After a few months my energy levels were normal.

• Wow! Thank you for sharing Robert123, after all you went through and it was you who worked it out, not the professionals. So glad you're feeling better now.

Reply Children
No Data