** ANNOUNCEMENT ** : the NAS helpline is closing from 19th may

The helpline will stop taking calls from 19 May 2021 and will close completely on 9 June 2021.

We will reply to all emails requesting advice received up to that date, but we will no longer reply to any new emails after that date. 

https://www.autism.org.uk/what-we-do/news/adapting-our-work-due-to-coronavirus

this means we may be the only support for newbies from 9th June !!!!!! 

I am still reading to understand what is going on 

Parents
  • How about we whomp up our own zoom based helpline?

I'm a member of an inventor's group and we are currently collaborating online using zoom.to build a novel tabletop nuclear fusion device. We've found that we can maintain a 24/7 connection between two people (or one monitoring the apparatus from a safe distance! (only joking..) and we can extend multi people meetings indefinteley by means of rotating between identities. 

I'd envision maybe a panel of those of us who think we may have tools to share with others working several zoom identities between us?  On the aspergers "meetup" group they are going through organisers pretty fast, because (of course) we all have much more problems hitting a deadline like a pre-arranged zoom meeting, than we do reaching out when it suits US.

A zoom helpline run by volunteers, (who can allocate a computer to the zoom helpline, so as it can be kept monitored during your "shift" even if you need to have a zoom convo with someone else, like I certainly will as soon as me or one of the other guys produces neutron flux this week).could possibly work...

We'd need a list of "spergs with specialities", to form the panel, so if you find yourself out of your depth, you don't have to fob 'em off, or wing it. I would bet my *** that the majority of us turned out to be really helpful and good at the job, to be honest.

Any takers? (Please no, :c) I love having ideas, not so keen on having to follow though with the work when I have a good one!)_  

• How about we whomp up our own zoom based helpline?

I'm a member of an inventor's group and we are currently collaborating online using zoom.to build a novel tabletop nuclear fusion device. We've found that we can maintain a 24/7 connection between two people (or one monitoring the apparatus from a safe distance! (only joking..) and we can extend multi people meetings indefinteley by means of rotating between identities. 

I'd envision maybe a panel of those of us who think we may have tools to share with others working several zoom identities between us?  On the aspergers "meetup" group they are going through organisers pretty fast, because (of course) we all have much more problems hitting a deadline like a pre-arranged zoom meeting, than we do reaching out when it suits US.

A zoom helpline run by volunteers, (who can allocate a computer to the zoom helpline, so as it can be kept monitored during your "shift" even if you need to have a zoom convo with someone else, like I certainly will as soon as me or one of the other guys produces neutron flux this week).could possibly work...

We'd need a list of "spergs with specialities", to form the panel, so if you find yourself out of your depth, you don't have to fob 'em off, or wing it. I would bet my *** that the majority of us turned out to be really helpful and good at the job, to be honest.

Any takers? (Please no, :c) I love having ideas, not so keen on having to follow though with the work when I have a good one!)_  

Children