** ANNOUNCEMENT ** : the NAS helpline is closing from 19th may

The helpline will stop taking calls from 19 May 2021 and will close completely on 9 June 2021.

We will reply to all emails requesting advice received up to that date, but we will no longer reply to any new emails after that date. 

https://www.autism.org.uk/what-we-do/news/adapting-our-work-due-to-coronavirus

this means we may be the only support for newbies from 9th June !!!!!! 

I am still reading to understand what is going on 

Parents
  • Oh that sucks, I'm going to be lost without this. 

• this website isnt closing  just some of the helplines by phone

• It might be better to abandon this forum unless you clearly use NAS services. Many users are at the mercy of an organisation that doesn't really represent their needs and their interests.

Considering that officers of the NAS rarely participate in this forum then it begs the question what advantages does a forum on the NAS website have over an independent forum?

• certainly not. and having a plethora of different autism charities is good for autistic recognition. But by the same token that doesn't mean it has to be an either or choice as to which people get involved in.

• The NAS has the public recognition despite it providing lousy services other than its schools and residential care.

The officials at my local AS support group believe that there's some deal struck between the NAS and councils, the NHS, and schools to refer people only to the NAS and nobody else. Nobody seems to come to my local AS support group via a referral from public sector bodies. This is despite my local AS support group having informed the council and the local NHS trust about its existence numerous times over many years. Countless people have arrived at my local AS support group after battles with and disappointment from the NAS.

If this deal really does exist between the NAS and public sector bodies then it presents a large obstacle when it comes to establishing rivals to the NAS. Not an insurmountable one though... 

• no thanks, i wont be doing that 

Reply Children
No Data