Do you Internalise or Mask or both ?

Hi, I'm just wondering has anyone ever thought they have done both of these at any time in their lives ?

I often read on here that it is usually females that internalise whereas males mostly mask. Is this correct ?

Looking back, I feel I have done both. I am male. I know there are males here who have said they internalise 

and others I suspect have had the same experience. Perhaps far more than care to admit due to the stereo-typing

that it's only likely to be females who internalise ? In any case, isn't the outcome and diagnoses the same at the end of the day ?

I.e Exhaustion ?

What is your experience ? 

Parents
  • I do both. Internalizing aggravates my anxiety, and masking wipes me out. I'm not just hiding my disinterest of what others are saying, not just trying to fit in socially. I'm masking certain behaviours, such as stimming and random sounds. I'm also very childlike, so have to hide that in public and at work. I have to relive my day, analyse, find faults, stress over them and get angry with myself for not meeting my standards. Then I have to predict all the conversations I may have the following day. I'm not surprised that the only thing I want to do is sleep.

• u're the easiest woman ever to talk into bed Slight smile

Reply Children
No Data