Motivation and mentaining my home

I recently came to believe that I like have high functioning autism, i live in a small house which i moved in to in November and have since had it renovated. It is still messy in places though, like there is stuff on the floor on one side of my small kitchen that i haven't finished tidying since the renovations ended and bits and pieces including easte plastic packaging (from buying furniture) in the corner of my living room. Not only that but i am slow to get around to cleaning, i do small bits of cleaning now and again, but then the cleaning builds up.

Also i started an online yoga teacher training course about 6 months ago, making good progress initially but now i hardly work on it, i need a lot of concentration in order to absorbs the information that i am reading (i do take notes) and when i do actually get around to working on it i usually only manage to work on one or two poses.

From my understanding this is due to poor exeuctive functioning, but I would like to be able to mange my home and life better.

In the mornings most days i do some yoga after i have digested breakfast, even if it's only 15- 25 minutes. Often later in the afternoon i do some hula hooping.

Does anyone have tips /advice for me?

*i am a 30 year old female and certain times of the month i can find myself extra tired

Parents
  • Hi Neurountypical,

My exec functioning isn't good either but I recently found an app call "Tiimo" (spelt exactly like that) its just a daily planning app you can schedule out everything you need too down to the finest details and make them repeat daily, weekly, monthly, yearly. It helps me out massively I use for literally everything even down to reminding myself to have a shower and putting deodorant on because I would often just not do those things as a result of my bad Autistic exec functioning I just didn't think about it same with my eating too I don't really feel hunger or thirst unless I'm literally starving which is an Autistic thing too if you didn't know so I schedule out my breakfast, lunch & dinner and then if ever you need to change your schedule because of appointments and what not you can just change the timing around and you never have to worry.

It costs something like £20.00 a year it might even be £17.00 which I think is amazing for what it is it's built really well and it's super nice to look at too, it also gives you notifications as you can set times for each task/activity you need doing on any day.

Highly recommend it and if you've got an apple watch it syncs up with that too so you don't need to worry about having your phone or iPad on you all the time.

• This week's Stacy Solomans, Sort you Life Out in 7 Days were helping a family with two ADHD and one ASD, watching it might give you some ideas in a non threartening way.

Reply Children
No Data