Telling my boss about my Autism diagnosis

Good Afternoon,

I work in a primary school as a one to one support for children with SEN.  Over the half term I was diagnosed with Autism and I want to tell the headteacher when i go back .....tomorrow.  she knows alot about Autism but I dont know what to do to prepare.  I have scripted out what I want to say but dont know what else i need.  I have made a list of my traits, stims and maskings.  am i simply over thinking this or do i need more?

Parents
  • Hi, I'm an early years senco in a private nursery. I have my assessment next week. My manager knows that I'm suspected of having ASD. She is absolutely lovely and has asked me what she can do to help. Do you have any specific needs and how the head teacher could make the reasonable adjustments for you? Is he/she friendly and approachable? Could you perhaps arrange time to sit and talk about specific needs?

• Hi, I'm an early years senco in a private nursery. I have my assessment next week. My manager knows that I'm suspected of having ASD. She is absolutely lovely and has asked me what she can do to help. Do you have any specific needs and how the head teacher could make the reasonable adjustments for you? Is he/she friendly and approachable? Could you perhaps arrange time to sit and talk about specific needs?

Children
No Data