DWP - Disability Employment Advisor

Hi Everyone,

I am new here so you may have to bear with me. I was just wondering if anyone had any experience in dealing with the Department of Work and Pensions disability employment advisors. Long story short I have only ever had one job which a friend helped me to get and they also worked there. I was made redundant last year and have been dealing with the DWP since. I mentioned from the beginning I was autistic and had ADHD but it was ignored for some reason (possibly because the advisor told me I didn't sound autistic to her!) until a couple of weeks ago when someone made me an appointment to speak to the disability advisor. I had decided to try and set up my own business as it would be too stressful for me to go to interviews, travel to a new place of work and start somewhere I don't know anybody. I have my appointment this week and was just wondering if anyone had any experience and could tell me what they actually do. I finished last year 18 months of appealing my PIP decision and I don't think I have the energy to go through something like that again with this.

Thanks in advance

Parents
  • My advice is to run, run from teh DWP and thier sadistic torture as it will only grind you down and keep you in the gutter where the 'coaches' want you to be so they can continue in thier smug, superior role as the gatekeepers of survival.
    Instead, go find 'a' job, anything, filling shelves, washing cars (that was my choice), delivering the mail, full time, part time, fixed term, long term, anything. Why?

So you can start to take control of your life, mould it into a life you can live with and never, ever find yourself at the mercy of some sick normal office drone in a primark blouse and nylon trousers.

• yes thats my solution, which may not suit everyone 

Reply Children
No Data