DWP - Disability Employment Advisor

Hi Everyone,

I am new here so you may have to bear with me. I was just wondering if anyone had any experience in dealing with the Department of Work and Pensions disability employment advisors. Long story short I have only ever had one job which a friend helped me to get and they also worked there. I was made redundant last year and have been dealing with the DWP since. I mentioned from the beginning I was autistic and had ADHD but it was ignored for some reason (possibly because the advisor told me I didn't sound autistic to her!) until a couple of weeks ago when someone made me an appointment to speak to the disability advisor. I had decided to try and set up my own business as it would be too stressful for me to go to interviews, travel to a new place of work and start somewhere I don't know anybody. I have my appointment this week and was just wondering if anyone had any experience and could tell me what they actually do. I finished last year 18 months of appealing my PIP decision and I don't think I have the energy to go through something like that again with this.

Thanks in advance

Parents Reply Children
No Data