Diagnosis without involving parent

I understand for a diagnosis it's likely that the diagnosis service will want to talk to a parent or someone who knew me as a young child. This is an idea that utterly fills me with dread for a whole bunch of reasons and has been the biggest barrier to me seeking a diagnosis. Has anyone here been diagnosed without involvement of a parent? Or refused a diagnosis because they couldn't/wouldn't involve a parent?

Parents
  • When I had my assessments done I didnt involve my parents for the exact reason that they are almost deniers of it.  They knew about it, but they just constantly asked me what I hoped to achieve by doing it.  I said an answer of yes or no.  Its not like getting a degree.  its just nice to know if you are different because you are an oddball or because their is an underlying reason.

• When I had my assessments done I didnt involve my parents for the exact reason that they are almost deniers of it.  They knew about it, but they just constantly asked me what I hoped to achieve by doing it.  I said an answer of yes or no.  Its not like getting a degree.  its just nice to know if you are different because you are an oddball or because their is an underlying reason.

Children
No Data