My son feeling Negative!

Has anyone experienced... how negative a person is with Aspergers? My son is finding it hard atm with college work, it’s hard actually to put into words! He’s so negative. But he knows he is different to others and started crying to me about it, he’s frustrated and I just don’t know where to turn! He is 20 years old in June. I get scared of how is mind is set, as I remember him telling e he wanted to die in his twenties and it plays on my mind. 
I feel like I need to go away and look up what to say to him, as he is so intelligent but his way of thinking is different. As we all have our own experience of depression and anxiety. I feel Aspergers is in another level totally! 
thanx for ready hope you can advice ;) 

Parents
  • I'm Aspie - I've always found NT management will call me negative.    It's their way of saying "I don't want to hear reality, only ever good news".         When we talk to doctors, we are labelled as depressed and medicated.

The other way of looking at it if I drive an old car, I don't need to worry or think about the bits that are working - I only need to think about the dodgy things and my workarounds if things go wrong - same with life - we concentrate of possible failures all the time rather than just pushing through to success.

Our fight-or-flight is set to 100% all the time so it's natural that we are looking for doom, danger and escape routes as an ongoing process.

What college course is he doing and for what reason?    If he's feeling he's been railroaded, he'll be approaching the buffers and questioning what he's doing.

If he understands himself, he may be realising that he doesn't want the NT rat-race lifestyle.      If he's surrounded by useless NTs, he may have reached his social overload limit.

Are you able to talk to your son about life, the universe and everything - how he feels?    His thoughts, plans, ideas?    Things he wants to do, places to go, experiences to share?

You might be surprised.

• I'm Aspie - I've always found NT management will call me negative.    It's their way of saying "I don't want to hear reality, only ever good news".         When we talk to doctors, we are labelled as depressed and medicated.

The other way of looking at it if I drive an old car, I don't need to worry or think about the bits that are working - I only need to think about the dodgy things and my workarounds if things go wrong - same with life - we concentrate of possible failures all the time rather than just pushing through to success.

Our fight-or-flight is set to 100% all the time so it's natural that we are looking for doom, danger and escape routes as an ongoing process.

What college course is he doing and for what reason?    If he's feeling he's been railroaded, he'll be approaching the buffers and questioning what he's doing.

If he understands himself, he may be realising that he doesn't want the NT rat-race lifestyle.      If he's surrounded by useless NTs, he may have reached his social overload limit.

Are you able to talk to your son about life, the universe and everything - how he feels?    His thoughts, plans, ideas?    Things he wants to do, places to go, experiences to share?

You might be surprised.

Children
No Data