Energy Healing

I'm newly on the NHS waiting list for an adult autism assessment.

Also recently enrolled in a pet therapy course which includes energy healing. I'm struggling with the latter part but don't know if it's me and being new to it or any potential spectrum effects blocking it.

Google is no help as it just returns results for energy healing helping autism.

Can an autistic person successfully train in and use energy healing or am I wasting my time trying?

Parents
  • I had to look up energy healing in animals as I don't know anything about it. This is something that I found. Healing for Animals (thehealingtrust.org.uk) My understanding is that it wouldn't help the 'Autism' as such. But the stress and anxiety that can be caused as a result. I think that if you are going to help others, regardless of if they are animal or human, it would help to understand your own stress and find ways to manage it before you are able to offer assistance. This could be what is making it more difficult for you. I personally use Buddhist philosophy and guided meditation to help understand the world around me and to help deal with my anxiety. It's not always easy but it allows me to gain perspective, find balance etc, and by default allows me to work on my physical health. As I said, I don't know anything about energy healing. My opinion is that if something is legitimate medical practice, it wouldn't be referred to as alternate medicine. It would simply be medicine.

Having said that, there are benefits to lowering stress and anxiety, it can help to manage physical issues. Animals can also struggle with stress. I know that some animals like Kangaroos can physically die if they become too stressed. I'm pleased to see that you mentioned that the energy healing was only one part of your course. It suggests that there are a number of other things being taught to you. On it's own, I don't think energy healing would be of much use. But as a part of a varied toolbox, it could be used effectively. 

• I had to look up energy healing in animals as I don't know anything about it. This is something that I found. Healing for Animals (thehealingtrust.org.uk) My understanding is that it wouldn't help the 'Autism' as such. But the stress and anxiety that can be caused as a result. I think that if you are going to help others, regardless of if they are animal or human, it would help to understand your own stress and find ways to manage it before you are able to offer assistance. This could be what is making it more difficult for you. I personally use Buddhist philosophy and guided meditation to help understand the world around me and to help deal with my anxiety. It's not always easy but it allows me to gain perspective, find balance etc, and by default allows me to work on my physical health. As I said, I don't know anything about energy healing. My opinion is that if something is legitimate medical practice, it wouldn't be referred to as alternate medicine. It would simply be medicine.

Having said that, there are benefits to lowering stress and anxiety, it can help to manage physical issues. Animals can also struggle with stress. I know that some animals like Kangaroos can physically die if they become too stressed. I'm pleased to see that you mentioned that the energy healing was only one part of your course. It suggests that there are a number of other things being taught to you. On it's own, I don't think energy healing would be of much use. But as a part of a varied toolbox, it could be used effectively. 

Children
No Data