Being an antenna, associative thinking and latent processing of information

How my other autistics experience this. You go into a room full of people and your brain gets overload with all the information thats coming into it. You stay as long as you have too/can then later all of this processing of that information comes flooding to the for front of your mind and then you starting seeing the associations between the information you just picked up and everything else you know? As a consequence you develop a phobia about going into similar situations as you know the toll it can take and the pointless wasted but obsessive thinking that will go into processing what is essentially nonsense. 

Parents

• How my other autistics experience this. You go into a room full of people and your brain gets overload with all the information thats coming into it. You stay as long as you have too/can then later all of this processing of that information comes flooding to the for front of your mind and then you starting seeing the associations between the information you just picked up and everything else you know? As a consequence you develop a phobia about going into similar situations as you know the toll it can take and the pointless wasted but obsessive thinking that will go into processing what is essentially nonsense. 

Here follows a few examples of what is normally referred to as Sensory Processing Disorder that basically involves not being able to filter sensory information to a chosen bandwidth:

Basically what you describe is what I refer to semi-humorous as having Autosherlockian Syndrome, or else Automycroftian Syndrome. Grin

• Sensory Processing Disorder

Oh great is that something else I might have as well :( I must have got a party bag. Thats for the information. Very much appreciated. 1st, 3rd and 4th videos hit the nail on the head. Especially the 1st and 3rd ones. If im at a job for example I have to regularly leave my desk at least once every thirty minutes and go to the a bathroom cubicle and then find and empty kitchen to make a cup of coffee/tea just to get out of it. Thats deepthought you get exactly

• Sensory Processing Disorder

Oh great is that something else I might have as well :( I must have got a party bag. Thats for the information. Very much appreciated. 1st, 3rd and 4th videos hit the nail on the head. Especially the 1st and 3rd ones. If im at a job for example I have to regularly leave my desk at least once every thirty minutes and go to the a bathroom cubicle and then find and empty kitchen to make a cup of coffee/tea just to get out of it. Thats deepthought you get exactly

Have you considered ear-plugs of the composite foam or technological varieties up to various ranges of headphones that provide noise cancellation functions, so that background chatter is muffled or cancelled out and all that?

Such as for example:

https://misophoniainstitute.org/earplugs-and-noise-cancelling-headphones/

• I love my noise cancelling headphones. They have really helped when my neighbour started building works that was really giving me a nervous breakdown. 

I found I had to stop working in a typical office environment with people. I work for myself and it's much better. I was getting burn out and just dreaming of all the information I had been absorbing during the day. You might have to make some changes. It's only now when I'm 50+ that my doctor has referred me to be assessed as a high functioning female autistic. I'm still learning that maybe I need to try and process information by writing stuff down to get it out of my head. I've also found music helps blot out other noise as a cancellation strategy. 

• I love my noise cancelling headphones. They have really helped when my neighbour started building works that was really giving me a nervous breakdown. 

I found I had to stop working in a typical office environment with people. I work for myself and it's much better. I was getting burn out and just dreaming of all the information I had been absorbing during the day. You might have to make some changes. It's only now when I'm 50+ that my doctor has referred me to be assessed as a high functioning female autistic. I'm still learning that maybe I need to try and process information by writing stuff down to get it out of my head. I've also found music helps blot out other noise as a cancellation strategy. 

Children
No Data