Forever losing track of my things

Recently diagnosed with ASD. I am really bad at keeping track of my stuff. I am always losing things. I end up with two of something because I can't find the first one and then eventually find where I put it. It's so frustrating. I also don't get why people ask where is the last place you had it like if I knew that I could find it. I have a grounding tool that I really like but it's like it's vanished into thin air. Is this an autistic thing or just a me thing? Also any tips for stop losing things. routerlogin

Parents
  • This happens to me a lot as well usually I lose my keys or a cup I was just drinking from. I look in one place and don't see it but when I look in that place again later on I see it. It's really weird and annoying. I try to keep track of where I place things but I almost never remember where it is. Spend much of my day searching for things.

• This happens to me a lot as well usually I lose my keys or a cup I was just drinking from. I look in one place and don't see it but when I look in that place again later on I see it. It's really weird and annoying. I try to keep track of where I place things but I almost never remember where it is. Spend much of my day searching for things.

Children
  • Its a normal human thing I think, and maybe be aware of yourself when looking - are you frantic, not focussed enough, got brain fog, or whatever.  I've knocked a glass over I was looking for, so it was there but not recognised as there.

Sometimes I know I haven't really looked properly, and have to put more focus into it.

Have a regular place for your usual things can help, sometimes we put things down in a place its not normally and then its really hard.