Forever losing track of my things

Recently diagnosed with ASD. I am really bad at keeping track of my stuff. I am always losing things. I end up with two of something because I can't find the first one and then eventually find where I put it. It's so frustrating. I also don't get why people ask where is the last place you had it like if I knew that I could find it. I have a grounding tool that I really like but it's like it's vanished into thin air. Is this an autistic thing or just a me thing? Also any tips for stop losing things. routerlogin

Parents
  • I often don't know where things are and find they are in my hand all the time.

I also often don't find things when they are on an empty table.

Apparently it is due to the brain not recognising the article in question, so you look straight through it, as if it is invisible.  I am always losing things, and like you buying replacements which is the sure way of finding the lost article.  At the moment I have lost my keys for a fortnight, and my wallet since August containing a few notes and my credit card.  They will turn up I'm sure!  I got in my home with something! (I do have a spare key fortunately, but there are other keys to things now inaccessible)

You can get a tag that links to your phone and sounds when you want to locate it, or when you get more than a distance away when using it ( useful for keys as long as you remember to set it and keep replacing the battery).  Not so much use with things like screwdrivers and pens though!

• I think I have a similar issue where if things are not exactly as I remember (eg because the packet/box design on a product has changed) then it's like it's invisible to me.

• @Spider Solitaire 2 Suit I think I have the same problem but I don't know how to solve it 

Reply Children
No Data