Forever losing track of my things

Recently diagnosed with ASD. I am really bad at keeping track of my stuff. I am always losing things. I end up with two of something because I can't find the first one and then eventually find where I put it. It's so frustrating. I also don't get why people ask where is the last place you had it like if I knew that I could find it. I have a grounding tool that I really like but it's like it's vanished into thin air. Is this an autistic thing or just a me thing? Also any tips for stop losing things. routerlogin

Parents
  • I'm ok as long as I stick to basic routines. If it's not something I use regularly,  than it's a bit harder. The only thing that seems to work, is if I have particular places for certain groups of items. Like for example, my sewing stuff, is in a few areas, my stuff that I need to take out of the house with me, is in another. I try to keep those areas specific so when I forget where something is, it's still going to only be in a limited number of areas. It's also difficult living with other people.  I have specific bowls that I like to use for my meals and if someone else manages to get into the kitchen before I am able to put them away, I have to go hunting for them!

• I'm ok as long as I stick to basic routines. If it's not something I use regularly,  than it's a bit harder. The only thing that seems to work, is if I have particular places for certain groups of items. Like for example, my sewing stuff, is in a few areas, my stuff that I need to take out of the house with me, is in another. I try to keep those areas specific so when I forget where something is, it's still going to only be in a limited number of areas. It's also difficult living with other people.  I have specific bowls that I like to use for my meals and if someone else manages to get into the kitchen before I am able to put them away, I have to go hunting for them!

Children
No Data