Forever losing track of my things

Recently diagnosed with ASD. I am really bad at keeping track of my stuff. I am always losing things. I end up with two of something because I can't find the first one and then eventually find where I put it. It's so frustrating. I also don't get why people ask where is the last place you had it like if I knew that I could find it. I have a grounding tool that I really like but it's like it's vanished into thin air. Is this an autistic thing or just a me thing? Also any tips for stop losing things. routerlogin

Parents
  • in therapy i was able to find out i had multiple sensitivities, learning disability, etc. once i had awareness of those issues, i think i was able to relieve the load on my system. then i learned i had soothing mechanisms i could use - weighted blanket, wear clothes that were not irritating. then i found out i sort of enjoy sorting things - to a point. basically, lots of learning about what my odd nervous  system needs. fortunately, i'm not a hoarder - that would be a bigger issue. 

i already had been having a good diet, did exercise, etc. you have to learn what helps you cope.

so - it's a longish road. but that's what worked for me. 

• in therapy i was able to find out i had multiple sensitivities, learning disability, etc. once i had awareness of those issues, i think i was able to relieve the load on my system. then i learned i had soothing mechanisms i could use - weighted blanket, wear clothes that were not irritating. then i found out i sort of enjoy sorting things - to a point. basically, lots of learning about what my odd nervous  system needs. fortunately, i'm not a hoarder - that would be a bigger issue. 

i already had been having a good diet, did exercise, etc. you have to learn what helps you cope.

so - it's a longish road. but that's what worked for me. 

Children
No Data