Does anyone else sleep loads?

If I am working full time, I find the only thing that helps me recover from overwhelm is sleep. If I am tired I literally cannot process information. Does anyone else sleep loads? I've always slept too much as my coping mechanism. 

Parents Reply Children
  • Yes, I kind of know that feeling. I know quite a few people find the after lunch period quite difficult from a work perspective.

It's tough when/if it does switch one's brain into struggling to perform. It can feel a bit like when a phone gets to low charge and starts getting really slow and sometimes apps start crashing.

• ok  this is interesting because

a. I always suspected that  I have ADHD as well as autism but have never done anything about it

b. i can fall asleep if I lie down  in middle of the day and lose 2 hours work for no reason ---  I am trying to address this / fight it  with some improvements

• I've come across links between fatigue (including sleepiness) and autism before.

I'm aware of a seemingly decently strong link between ADHD and sleepiness.

There have been studies looking at ADHD and sleepiness - such as:

"EDS [excessive daytime sleepiness] was relatively common in adults with possible ADHD. ADHD symptoms, especially inattentiveness, were associated with the formation of EDS in this population."

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28366340/