I need somewhere nice to live

I don't want to be around on this earth for much longer if I don't find somewhere nice to live. I'm not just able to live with abuse from people anymore.

Parents
  • What do you like? 

I moved to Edinburgh for uni but hated it and moved home west when I graduated. Husband is half English but prefers living in Scotland even though the job opportunities are better down south. 

I used to think I'd like to live near the coast but I realised I hate the wind so that's a no go but I do like to holiday by the sea. Urban environments are a bit claustrophobic to me. I don't mind about distance to family but it was important to husband. 

Write down what you really want and what you really don't and then research appropriate areas. 

• I want to live somewhere away from rough and loud people. I want to be around creative or educated people. 

I'm not able to cope well with much noise or unexpected things happening. I had neighbours in social housing I couldn't cope with. They slammed doors, had barbecues in the garden shouting to one another, had dogs running around off leads right up to me, fixing their motorbike and swearing right in front of the shared hallway. It was traumatising and horrible.

That was the place I got railroaded into taking by the council after asking for housing help. I was told if I refused it I might not get anything else. 

I'd like to live in a university town or where hippies live. Nice people. Open-minded people. I have few connections, it's challenging. I'm isolated.

• I live in a town like that and i was talking the other day with an aspie that maybe cos it's quiet and got a uni is why there's so many aspues here.

Places I've spooted that look good inc Totnes, Aberystwyth, Stirling, Exeter, Lancaster, Mcynlleth, Carmarthen, Stroud, Todmorden and Hebden Bridge, Kendal and lots more places

• That sounds a nice lifestyle. I'm glad you have it. 

Reply Children
No Data