Tips for asking for a autism assessment

• Hi everyone, i am 29. I had epilepsy as a child and have found day to day life difficult and overwhelming all my life. I had emotional meltdowns very often as a child, i still do as an adult. As an adult, i feel constantly overwhelming by everything, i cant have too much happing at once. I am constantly making lists to try and organise my life. I find many sounds painful. I can't eat with my family becuase the sound is horrific. I feel like my ears hurt constantly and feel like i am always telling my son to quieten down. I cant physically function when a sound is irritating me. 
  • I don't like to be touch or have people e near me. I manage touch from my son and partner most days, but i can't bare to hug my own parents, brother or sister. I can see how hard this is for them and it brakes my heart. I have one close friend, she has known me from a young age and is amazing at accepting this is the way i am. She understand i may not talk to her for over a month unless she drops me a message, and that sometimes i wont even reply. 
  • I have been told by the Gp for the last 10 years or so that i have anxiety and depression. I did at one time feel depressed but i know myself i am managing that side of things well now and geel i am in a better place.
  • Last year i did a 6 weeks block of canceling sessions with work. I was told that i should contact my Gp for an autism assessment. I really struggle to talk about it all because i just dont understand why i feel this way. So i haven't been to the Gp yet. I feel like i really need to get to the bottom of this now tho so i can get help with managing it and understanding why i feel this way.
  • Sorry for going on... 
  • Does anyone have any tip or insite into the process?
  • Does any of this ring an autism alarm bell or is it in my head?
  • Any help or advice, would be amazing. 
  • Yes this brings some bells with me Lizzue - hate gloomy rooms where curtains are drawn though its day outside and really hate touching or being touched by anyone except my girlfriend, cat, dog or daRolling eyeshter. Anxiety and depression- yes, they're a very normal response to trying to deal with a difficult world - have a read up on mixed anxiety and depressive disorder theh sensitively call MADD Rolling eyes

Heres NHS guidelines for approaching your GP. GP if they're on the ball should cinsider if getting a diagnosis will help you of not and if they think diagnosis wont help your situation - even if GP'Thumbsupsure you have got ASD - they won't refer you.

You can still go private for about £1500 to seek diagnosis Thumbsup

Heres NHS link www.nhs.uk/.../