Working for a call centre!

I have recently been working for a call center, due to covid it was a viable option as it was homebased. 

The first week was rough the predicted crash course with fries like any other major corporation. 

I felt stress as I was not trained properly for the job but as the weeks progressed I adapted and learnt on the job, I suppose like everyother person. 

I started to feel really burnt-out at the end of the day and this week past I've been completely exhausted yesterday I had such chest pains that I threw up, my head was sweating and I was dizzy.

Has anyone ever felt like this in a similar role. 

I feel bad, what ever job I do the stress of it alway makes me ill mentally I just push myself through but yesterday I really felt I was going to die, I know that's melodramatic but that how I experienced my situation, plus it being cover incarceration year where I live the doctors surgery isn't even answering the phone not that they did before I suppose. 

Parents
  • I tried working in a call centre on a technical helpline. Although I easily passed a knowledge test about the subject, I found doing the job difficult for example trying to understand many different accents, the multi tasking involved (listening, putting information into the system, coming up with a solution and putting it in to words). Looking back, I think that my being on the spectrum caused the problems.  My tongue ached because of the ammount of extra talking I had to do. I didn't last long in the job. Also, I had unpleasant dreams at night.

• Yeah, the place I worked at was pretending to be a local centre for a borough in London where they had strong accents. Where I am and where the call centre was is like 200 miles from London and they had very strong accents. I found the headset gave me headaches too and the people just shouting in my ear was too much.

• Yeah, the place I worked at was pretending to be a local centre for a borough in London where they had strong accents. Where I am and where the call centre was is like 200 miles from London and they had very strong accents. I found the headset gave me headaches too and the people just shouting in my ear was too much.

Children
No Data