Struggling with understanding own emotions.

Hello everyone I’ve always had some difficulties with understanding some of my emotions I know when it’s super obvious like if I’m laughing my head off about something but I keep thinking about my autism assessment I was asked several times what I was feeling or how I felt about something and I couldn’t really answer properly does anyone else suffer with this sort of thing is it to do with my autism?

Parents
  • I can definitely relate to this . I've started looking at the physiological traits that come with basic emotions to see if that helps me identify what it is I am feeling e.g if I'm clenching my teeth it is a sign of me feeling angry. It's very basic. I'm always asked in the morning when I've just got up 'how are you feeling today?' my stock answer is 'it's to early to know'.

• I can definitely relate to this . I've started looking at the physiological traits that come with basic emotions to see if that helps me identify what it is I am feeling e.g if I'm clenching my teeth it is a sign of me feeling angry. It's very basic. I'm always asked in the morning when I've just got up 'how are you feeling today?' my stock answer is 'it's to early to know'.

Children
No Data