Emotions

Okay so this might seem disjointed as it's late and brain isn't working too well. Anyway. I have been recently noticing that I do not know what many emotions feel like. I know this sounds strange, but I don't know what being happy feels like for example. The only one I know well is anger (I think). Does anyone else have this issue and is there a way to help you feel these things? I know it's an autistic trait but wondering about other people's own experiences. Thanks!

Parents
  • yep... i feel the same. i don't no what i like, for example. (i'm using 'like' as an emotion, which was your question.) everyone may tell me what i like; but it is pretty rude to tell someone what is going on in their mind. and those people of course are ............ wrong.  they mean well, but actually are simply (and maybe unintentionally) mean. i think certain aspies (this one) may need to learn the emotions NT's simply acquire at a very very very very very young age, and  therfore take for granted.

i think one must be open to new experiences, try out many things, and be prepared to discard other things (interests). it takes some time, and is a continual process. but, for me, since i no this, i'm open to new things, or try to be. basically i'm trying to be myself (an aspie) in an NT world. 

idk if this is helpful or simply mindless drivel, btw.

• yep... i feel the same. i don't no what i like, for example. (i'm using 'like' as an emotion, which was your question.) everyone may tell me what i like; but it is pretty rude to tell someone what is going on in their mind. and those people of course are ............ wrong.  they mean well, but actually are simply (and maybe unintentionally) mean. i think certain aspies (this one) may need to learn the emotions NT's simply acquire at a very very very very very young age, and  therfore take for granted.

i think one must be open to new experiences, try out many things, and be prepared to discard other things (interests). it takes some time, and is a continual process. but, for me, since i no this, i'm open to new things, or try to be. basically i'm trying to be myself (an aspie) in an NT world. 

idk if this is helpful or simply mindless drivel, btw.

Children
No Data