Emotions

Okay so this might seem disjointed as it's late and brain isn't working too well. Anyway. I have been recently noticing that I do not know what many emotions feel like. I know this sounds strange, but I don't know what being happy feels like for example. The only one I know well is anger (I think). Does anyone else have this issue and is there a way to help you feel these things? I know it's an autistic trait but wondering about other people's own experiences. Thanks!

Parents
  • This whole area is confusing. Emotions, feelings, and some other word psychologists include in this.

if someone upsets me I can not experience it for a week or more, I guess I'm in shutdown. Often I don't know what I'm feeling until i tell the story to someone and they'll say "you must be upset," and then i'll know. most of the time with negative emotions i just experience being perplexed, or depressed.

i experience positive ones, but I know not as often or to the same extent as others.

I think not experiencing my emotions can lead me not to act, which can mean me being taken advantage of, bullied or not withdrawing myself from a negative environment. It's so hard!

• That's part of the problem I have too. I can't deal with the emotions because I don't know if I'm feeling them until everything gets too much. The human mind is so perplexing.

Reply Children
No Data