Better Eating

Hi there!

I'm a 20 year old autistic girl and I have been struggling with my eating habits for my entire life. Now that I am an adult, I want to get better at eating. 

My diet is very limited so if anyone knows any good and simple reciepes/cookbooks for food with simple tastes and textures that would be great.

All advice welcome.

Parents
  • You need to give us more information on why your diet is limited for anyone to suggest a solution, What is your food nightmares ? 

Because if its vegetables you have a problem with then a food processor and blender might be an ideal solution to alter the texture of food so it is more manageable. They also allow you  process vegetables to small chunks or a paste that can enable you to hide extra vegetables in foods like pasta sauces, curries and stews. 

If your like many of us on the community page and have a sensory processing disorder the environment and colour of plate can affect the taste in food or tolerance of the texture. 

Investing in freezerable and microwave safe containers are a good idea because you can batch cook and freeze food that you've cooked because many people on the spectrum will eat the same thing over and over again and sometimes we can get sick of it for a while. this also makes eating better a lot easier because meals need reheating. 

You could start with making small changes for example changing chicken nuggets for vegetable or vegan alternative but be careful not all vegan alternatives are better for you.    

• You need to give us more information on why your diet is limited for anyone to suggest a solution, What is your food nightmares ? 

Because if its vegetables you have a problem with then a food processor and blender might be an ideal solution to alter the texture of food so it is more manageable. They also allow you  process vegetables to small chunks or a paste that can enable you to hide extra vegetables in foods like pasta sauces, curries and stews. 

If your like many of us on the community page and have a sensory processing disorder the environment and colour of plate can affect the taste in food or tolerance of the texture. 

Investing in freezerable and microwave safe containers are a good idea because you can batch cook and freeze food that you've cooked because many people on the spectrum will eat the same thing over and over again and sometimes we can get sick of it for a while. this also makes eating better a lot easier because meals need reheating. 

You could start with making small changes for example changing chicken nuggets for vegetable or vegan alternative but be careful not all vegan alternatives are better for you.    

Children
No Data