Undiagnosed spouse?

I've gradually come to believe my husband has asd and that this underpins our problems. This may sound arrogant, which is partly why it's taken so long for me to speak up.

He finally agreed to raise it with gp but 2 questionnaires later and the gp says there's no hint of asd showing.

This is crushing for me and I'm wondering what experiences other people have had?

Parents
  • Thank you to Plastic and Russ - yes, I think there's probably masking going on, but I thought the written questionnaire would show up something - he found fault with many of the questions and wrote lengthily in the margins, but this didn't seem to hint anything to the gp!

• While chatting to the gp he probably came over as perfectly normal - and that will sway the average gp - they have no knowledge of autism except the more obvious 'Rain Man' flapping type.

You might want to ask for a second opinion and go with him - you might be surprised at his Jeckyl / Hyde completely different personality with the gp compared to how he is with you - and that's worth pointing out to the gp.

• While chatting to the gp he probably came over as perfectly normal - and that will sway the average gp - they have no knowledge of autism except the more obvious 'Rain Man' flapping type.

You might want to ask for a second opinion and go with him - you might be surprised at his Jeckyl / Hyde completely different personality with the gp compared to how he is with you - and that's worth pointing out to the gp.

Children
No Data