Theory about greying hair and aspergers/autism

I have a theory that people with aspergers/high functioning autism are prone to going grey - follicly speaking - sooner than the average person. I have and I know a couple of other people like me who also have gone grey earlier than you'd typically expect.

Perhaps it's stress-related, or dealing with the constant anxiety. It's an admittedly small sample size! Any thoughts?

Parents
  • Yes! I'm 17 and already have loads of white hairs. I have to keep plucking them all the time as they stand out in my very dark hair.

• I had my first strands of grey hair appear from about same age as you (17) and my hair is still god willing all brown apart from a small patch that is barely noticeable at back. I'm 30 now. Don't think you probably have to worry too much. It may be anxiety/stress that makes it worse so definitely aim to do you're best to control it. Easier said than done I know.

• I had my first strands of grey hair appear from about same age as you (17) and my hair is still god willing all brown apart from a small patch that is barely noticeable at back. I'm 30 now. Don't think you probably have to worry too much. It may be anxiety/stress that makes it worse so definitely aim to do you're best to control it. Easier said than done I know.

Children