Mental "Batteries" ran low after joining in.. .

Hello, I have recently joined in some chats on this forum.  I enjoyed it and joined in some more. 

Wow, the feedback and friendship I've had has been heartwarming. Thank you. 

However, after a few back-and-forths, I am dismayed at myself because I'm feeling like my batteries ran out and I'm exhausted. 

I don't have many friends in the real world so it's not that easy to compare. Is this a normal phenomenon, to feel so burned out (I feel stupid even saying it) keeping a few chats going reciprocally?

I'm sorry to anyone I haven't replied to. 

Parents
  • Yes - very normal - don't worry about it.  Smiley

Do you remember the old dial-up modems and all that noise they made while trying to agree data speeds with each other?     They were working really hard and did a lot of things in the background but the message or data may have been very small.

You're in a similar position - you're brain is working hard trying to communicate correctly without saying the wrong things or making other mistakes - even though the messages are small - it'll be like that until you get comfortable with hanging out here.

• Yes - very normal - don't worry about it.  Smiley

Do you remember the old dial-up modems and all that noise they made while trying to agree data speeds with each other?     They were working really hard and did a lot of things in the background but the message or data may have been very small.

You're in a similar position - you're brain is working hard trying to communicate correctly without saying the wrong things or making other mistakes - even though the messages are small - it'll be like that until you get comfortable with hanging out here.

Children
No Data