Rollacoaster

Hello

I am a 55 year old guy who can easily relate to many other life stories on this forum , wondering why I was different etc . In short I crashed at Christmas time and stayed in my bubble until last Friday when I clicked on an Australian guy on You Tube who ran through the ASD common symptoms  . Since then my world has collapsed and been rebuilt several times , quite frankly I haven’t a clue how I feel I am I think relieved in some ways a scrambled all at the same time . I have no one to speak to really that can help 

My current plan is to carry on bashing away at it (life that is) the same wayI have done since before I can remember but with the added knowledge that I have learned over the past week or so ie trying to take notice of what aggravates me then avoid it 

I think I’m going to need a bigger pad ha ha

Im not looking for sympathy and any help would be very much appreciated 

With peace

Carl

Parents
  • Hi Carl .. there are some great replies on this thread .. and I concur with all of them .. I'm in that age bracket too

.. I'm 15 years into having the Aspergers diagnosis .. it knocked me for six at the time but now I have to say I'm really comfy with it

.. when things get tough in a social situation I can just shrug and remind myself its not something I can do and so don't beat myself up

.. I'm becoming a lot more comfortable with spending time on my own

.. and this lockdown/Zoom communication with people is a real boon .. .. there's sufficient seperation that I can feel ok with conversations and its far more factual .. and less small talk .. and if things suddenly feel bad I just press the 'exit' button :-D 

.. Keep chatting on here about your thoughts and ideas .. there's some lovely people and we're all in the same boat .. 

.. there's no captain and no navigator .. we're navigating this journey together .. 

• Hi Carl .. there are some great replies on this thread .. and I concur with all of them .. I'm in that age bracket too

.. I'm 15 years into having the Aspergers diagnosis .. it knocked me for six at the time but now I have to say I'm really comfy with it

.. when things get tough in a social situation I can just shrug and remind myself its not something I can do and so don't beat myself up

.. I'm becoming a lot more comfortable with spending time on my own

.. and this lockdown/Zoom communication with people is a real boon .. .. there's sufficient seperation that I can feel ok with conversations and its far more factual .. and less small talk .. and if things suddenly feel bad I just press the 'exit' button :-D 

.. Keep chatting on here about your thoughts and ideas .. there's some lovely people and we're all in the same boat .. 

.. there's no captain and no navigator .. we're navigating this journey together .. 

Children
No Data