Heavy breathing

My online friend from Toronto always says that my breathing is heavy whenever I'm talking to her on Duo, or Skype.

Is anyone else having issues like this raised by others?

• Hi. I use microphones a lot as I talk most weekends on a girls gaming group chat and I used to have this exact problem.

One thing I suggest is a better quality mic. If it's a cheaper mic it's more likely to pick up on things like your breathing whereas you can buy mics with a pop filter, a little shield that sits in front the mic. This stops heavy breathing being picked up and also stops bad frequency and any other annoying sounds getting through.

I eventually bought one because my breathing was becoming a problem. You can try other things like trying to focus on your breathing but when you're listening and talking as well it can be a lot of process and quickly becomes overwhelming.

I hope this helps. Blush

• I don't breath when i drink is this an autism thing, im a heavy breather

• Agree. If you feel well, just move away from the mic. How close are you to the mic?

• If could just be your mic is sensitive or too close to your mouth. One of my tics is to count my breaths but I don't do it in conversation. 

• I don’t know why I do it. Happens every time. Hearing myself exhale makes me realise I’m doing it but a few mins later I’ll do it again. 

• That's a good observation. Holding the breath without noticing. Useful for me too. 

• Hi. I have been told my breathing is heavy at times but also I’ve noticed recently when concentrating I hold my breath. Esp when I’m washing Machines down in our wash bay at work. Catch myself doing it every time and was gonna post asking if anyone else does it. 

• I was nicknamed darth vader by some colleagues, behind my back, and they laughed about me for months without telling me. It was only due to the position of the microphone as I don't breathe heavily.

If your friend is autistic, they might be extra sensitive, or it could just need a mic adjustment. 

I'm gonna take a break from the forum now, see you in a while.