Struggle moving your head or eyes?

I do on a purely physiological level. Is this related to Autism?

In situations where there are other people I often find people are a bit sharp with me because of how I'm standing. I get the sense they think I'm arrogant or inappropriate because I don't turn my head much or move my eyes as much as most people. I don't move my head or eyes as much because it seems to take a lot of energy.

Today and many times I've found people rude, aggressive and jerky in their body language. I think in today's Britain workers are forced or expected to work fast and our entire culture seems to be rush, rush, rush so there seems to be a cultural bias towards quickness and discrimination towards someone like me who cannot keep that pace.

Parents
  • I guess there are a range of under- and over- sensitivities linked to autism. You could have some sensory issues that make you need to keep your head more still in order to orientate yourself in space. Do you have problems with balance?

I get motion sickness very easily and even if I watch a film where there is a lot of handheld camera or scene from a helicopter, I get sick. Something like my eyes don't follow it, my brain tries to tell my body to follow it, so I feel like I'm in the helicopter. 

It's not the same but I guess related to sensory processing. 

• It could be related to sensory processing.

I think I remember reading that Autism involves certain neurological pathways being impaired, this could impact not only the brain but also physical motions.

• If you think about it, it's often reported that some children with autism fling themselves around and jump in order to stim, if they are hyposensitive. Maybe you're hypersensitive, and you need to keep more still to avoid excessive input. Both are linked to autism. 

• If you think about it, it's often reported that some children with autism fling themselves around and jump in order to stim, if they are hyposensitive. Maybe you're hypersensitive, and you need to keep more still to avoid excessive input. Both are linked to autism. 

Children
No Data