Unknown missed call anxiety

Hi people, Feeling extremely anxious at the moment.... Fell asleep this morning & a phone number we didn't recognise called, I noticed the missed call when I woke up, No message so I checked the number on Google..... It was one of our local hospitals, We tried calling back but got a message saying the number doesn't accept calls......

I have been stuck in bed for the past 5 years because of my physical disabilities, No appointments made, None expected.... I've tried calling the hospital switchboard & they tell me it's an untraceable number, They won't give us any information of why the hospital could be ringing us.....

I have everything going through my head at the moment, from the thoughts of someone claiming to be me for free healthcare, To thoughts of forced COVID19 testing or treatments I don't need..... 

I am going to be stuck with this going through my head for weeks now, & all the hospital will say is wait to see if they call us back to see if it's important...... Argh!

Anyone else had to deal with this sort of thing lately?

• I certainly understand your anxiety.  I went through something similar last year when I got a missed call from an unknown number. They never called back.

In your case I advise you to calm down. Which is easy for me to say, because I didn't,  I just got more and more anxious. 

If it is important,  they will call back, or write, or email.

• I know exactly how you feel, I hate withheld numbers and numbers that dont accept calls back. Hospitals do this all the time and it is really frustrating. I was due a call from the DR last week, I hadn’t booked it but reception had called and said the DR wanted to speak with me. The call came but as i pressed the green button they hung up so I called straight back and reception were so rude, they just said if the dr wants you they will call back. I tried explaining they did want me and it didnt right long etc but they would not put me through. I haven’t yet heard from the dr and it is almost 2 weeks, it made me really anxious so totally know how you feel. 

I cant offer any advice I am afraid other than it could be they were calling somebody who had a similar number to you and miss dialled and it isn’t you they want. Also if it was really urgent they would keep calling.

I do wish people especially in the medical profession understood how anxiety inducing something like this is. Try not to worry xxx