Not a stimmer ?

Hi. I've just joined. I'm male mid fifties & have finally concluded I'm most likely ASD1 / aspie. One thing remains puzzling me & that is I don't seem to be a stimmer. I may of course have been masking things for so long I don't remember. What I'd like to try & find out is how common it is for an assessed ASD 1 to not stim. I've found plenty of info here & elsewhere on stimming but nothing on not stimming. Love to find out more. (sorry for putting this in the intro forum but I thought I'd get a better response here.)

Parents
  • I thought I wasn't a stimmer until I realised I 'rhythmically' move my fingers, thumbs, feet, neck, etc almost constantly, with the major stim being the counting of breathes. These are all hidden or outwardly attributed to regular NEAT movements that I only recently realised I stopped doing when deep in concentration or listening to music, and that despite thinking I was in control I very quickly reverted to one of my other involuntary movements if I tried to stop the initial stim. You may be surprised once you really think about it.

• I thought I wasn't a stimmer until I realised I 'rhythmically' move my fingers, thumbs, feet, neck, etc almost constantly, with the major stim being the counting of breathes. These are all hidden or outwardly attributed to regular NEAT movements that I only recently realised I stopped doing when deep in concentration or listening to music, and that despite thinking I was in control I very quickly reverted to one of my other involuntary movements if I tried to stop the initial stim. You may be surprised once you really think about it.

Children
No Data