My foot is injured

My neighbour won't stop banging doors maliciously and it upsets me. I started jumping and stamping on the floor. Now my foot seems to be badly injured. I can't walk. I've been crawling everywhere around the flat. It hurts a lot if I try to walk, can't really do it.

I don't think I'll go to A&E I'm scared of the virus.

• So I'll take a little more of a risk: and say I'm really sorry to hear you have broken your foot. And that things are miserable at the moment. And that you have been judged by your counsellor. I hope that you got through to someone to help. 

I would say more, but I'm too nervous.  

• Perhaps your local NHS practice does video consultations.

• I went to A&E and they told me I've broken my foot. I just have to put up with the pain for weeks now. I prefer not to take painkillers as they will interfere with other medication I take and also I become dependent on them, I had them for another injury in the past.

I found out elevating it on a pillow helps take the pain away quite a lot but then my leg becomes numb after a while. 

I'm miserable. I feel so alone.

My counselor has upset me by insinuating it was anti-social for me to stamp on the floor because my neighbours kept banging doors, and I feel she has completely not cared about what they've done to me. She keeps asking me to consider that they may not be directing the noise at me and it may be insignificant to them, slamming doors. So I wonder why these same neighbours don't slam doors when they know my mother is visiting my flat. 

I feel no one ever listens to me and am considering writing an email to the counselor telling them I don't want their help anymore. I can't get hold of the Samaritans either, they're always engaged when I call.

• Hey, maybe call 111 or seek advice from the surgery. 

Hope it gets better 

• Your neighbour sounds a bit of a git. Report them to your local council, they may be able to install noise monitors which could lead to the perpetrator getting handed an ASBO.

• It could be. I'll give it a bit longer, if I still can't walk I'll call the GP soon.

• Doesn't seem to hurt quite as much but I still can't walk properly. I've learned how to walk using only one foot to move which involves a lot of twisting and is slow, but I can get around. I'm spending most the time sat down reading or on the computer. I can't see any signs of swelling or bruising.

• Thank you for the email, I just read it. I will contact the NHS soon if it does not improve.

• Hi Roswell, 

I'm sorry to hear that you're injured! I hope your foot is doing better today.

We have sent you an email - please look out for it.

Kind regards, 

Dani Mod

• How is it today, Roswell? Maybe check for swelling or signs of bruising. 

• Is it sprained perhaps? Apply ice and elevate it. If it's no better call the gp