Partner

Hi im ,NT my boyfriend has aspergers. Im honestly dont know if i can deal with the stress of being with him.any longer. Hes has had a drug problem in the past which lead him to make a stupid mistake. He has stoped taking drugs and i thought he had learned his lesson. I stayed with him through a very difficult time. He hasnt touched drugs in a year. He also turns to drink when hes stressed which again isnt good but he has seemed to stopped drinking excessivly. During lockdown i have been trying to modivate him to do a course or something productive he said he wud but never did. He has spent all his time playing some game. I came home from work today to him telling me that he has spent all his money on this game!! We are fine financially but i just camt believe how stupid he has been and i just dunno what to do. Before lockdown we were going to a counseller. I have bought him books on autism and books on mindfuliness etc but he never reads them. I just dont know what to do anymore any advice?? 

Parents
  • Everyone makes mistakes and deserves to be forgiven for them. From the way you have wrote this it seems more like you are his carer than his girlfriend. If he is just playing a game because of the lockdown to pass time then I don't see a problem with that (although it's not very smart to spend all your money on a game). But if his life goal is to play games while you are going out to work then do you see a fulfiling future in a relationship lke this?

• Everyone makes mistakes and deserves to be forgiven for them. From the way you have wrote this it seems more like you are his carer than his girlfriend. If he is just playing a game because of the lockdown to pass time then I don't see a problem with that (although it's not very smart to spend all your money on a game). But if his life goal is to play games while you are going out to work then do you see a fulfiling future in a relationship lke this?

Children
No Data