Temperature change struggles

I was wondering how common it is to suffer when it comes to temperature change. Getting too hot isn’t as bad for me it’s when it comes to the cold I feel it right through me. I could be on a beach and it be really hot but the moment a cloud comes over or a big gust of wind I’m left with instant goosebumps and shivering to the core! Even down to getting out of bed on a night and running to the bathroom I am freezing by the time I get back in the covers to the point it’s took my breath away. 
I find it much harder in the winter to go out with this added on top. I can’t come out of a restaurant or a venue without it physically being a struggle to adjust. I find it get really hot when in these places more so with the anxiety that comes with social situations and tend to then feel even colder as I’m leaving. 

I also suffer bad with night sweats - I’ve had all sorts of tests and as far as my GP is concerned medically there’s not any flags for concern, it’s not every night but definitely more nights than not. I have now had it mentioned that this could also be part of the sensory issues, I am freezing when I get into bed and need the duvet wrapped up but then when I am asleep my body is getting too hot without me realising and this is what could be causing them.

Any ideas to make it either a bit easier to manage or to practically prevent some of those feelings?

Parents
  • I have temperature problems during the night - if I'm too hot or too cold, I wake up and then cannot go back to sleep.    I find that having to get up triggers my body into 'day-mode' which seems to switch on the body's internal heating system so I can't get comfy again - I go into a 20 minute 'burn' cycle until my body drops back into sleep-mode.

I mitigate this by having multiple beds and just moving to the next one - a cool fresh bed is somehow much more comfortable than a hot, sweaty one.   I have a main bed, the spare bed and the sofa downstairs with a thin duvet for warmer nights.

I often wear one sock too - it balances out the other foot so I can poke one out of the bed to fine-tune the temperature.   Smiley

• I have temperature problems during the night - if I'm too hot or too cold, I wake up and then cannot go back to sleep.    I find that having to get up triggers my body into 'day-mode' which seems to switch on the body's internal heating system so I can't get comfy again - I go into a 20 minute 'burn' cycle until my body drops back into sleep-mode.

I mitigate this by having multiple beds and just moving to the next one - a cool fresh bed is somehow much more comfortable than a hot, sweaty one.   I have a main bed, the spare bed and the sofa downstairs with a thin duvet for warmer nights.

I often wear one sock too - it balances out the other foot so I can poke one out of the bed to fine-tune the temperature.   Smiley

Children
  • I’m not sure having multiple beds is practical for me haha! I’m okay getting to sleep after I’m wrapped up it’s when I’m waking up in the morning drenched that it’s frustrating and makes me not as fun to wake up to that’s for sure! 

I can’t wear socks to bed they drove me crazy and try to keep my toes out of the cover for that reason.

I’m trying different things each week to see if there’s any difference (got the time and energy with no work at the moment to want to track this) 

we shall see if I find anything to help :)