Excessive daydreaming/wandering thoughts

Hi All, 

I was diagnosed with ASD as an adult just a few years ago and I never understood why I have this issue. I don't have ADHD and I can focus on things well when at work but I have noticed once that structure is not in place, I have a very hard time being productive as if my days just flew by without doing much. My "daydreaming" is always the same thing, just repetitive thoughts, not something that helps me in any way and the worse I feel, the more time I need to spend in my autistic bubble. I guess it's a kind of coping mechanism. I would really appreciate it if someone could give me some advice. Is there a way to learn how to decrease the amount of time wasted on this?  

Parents
  • Hi , I too drift into the bubble, when driving and sunny i mellow out, during the day if im not focused I relax into my being on a beach and the warm sun session listening to the waves. It relaxes me.

I need a nap every 4hrs I feel exhausted as Im always on the go doing multiple things.

Everytime I get up I pick up maybe 3 things to put back in place or if i move from one room to another.

Every time im in a room with my kids I start tidying up never get totally finished then when we move to another area in the house start doing the same tidying up and sorting.

My wife says i switch off and im not present, I feel it the fatigue and tirdness I work hard to be switch on listening and engaging with the family.

Its tiring.

I've trained myself in life to be full on then totally switch off and recharge.

This doesnt work being married or having kids.

So its a focused discipline and constantly remind myself to stay present.

I hope this helps, keep talking

• Hi , I too drift into the bubble, when driving and sunny i mellow out, during the day if im not focused I relax into my being on a beach and the warm sun session listening to the waves. It relaxes me.

I need a nap every 4hrs I feel exhausted as Im always on the go doing multiple things.

Everytime I get up I pick up maybe 3 things to put back in place or if i move from one room to another.

Every time im in a room with my kids I start tidying up never get totally finished then when we move to another area in the house start doing the same tidying up and sorting.

My wife says i switch off and im not present, I feel it the fatigue and tirdness I work hard to be switch on listening and engaging with the family.

Its tiring.

I've trained myself in life to be full on then totally switch off and recharge.

This doesnt work being married or having kids.

So its a focused discipline and constantly remind myself to stay present.

I hope this helps, keep talking

Children
No Data