How is everyone coping with the current changes?

Like most with autism I dont like change and I am finding everything really overwhelming and was wondering how others were coping?

It may seem daft but I am not worried about catching it, well obviously I don’t want to catch it but I am not anxious and thinking that I am going to catch it. It’s the lockdown and lack of routine that is sending me mad. I have my set routines and now I have to stay in I cant follow my weekly routines and this is what is causing me the stress. I do feel like your going to think I am being selfish as all I have to do is stay at home and others are putting their lives at risk, I just cant snap out of it.

A few years ago I had bit of a breakdown when things changed too much and it made me really ill, I am worried this may happen again, I live on my own and am really considering ignoring all the rules and just getting out of here but I no that is wrong and I think the stress of breaking the rules would then cause me an issue.

maybe I am over reacting, what is everybody else doing to get through this?, anybody else struggling too?

Parents
  • Being on the spectrum I knew I was also OCD and ADHD, but these haven't really concerned me much until now.  Focusing on tasks during the day is difficult, I have a burning need to check emails and phone for messages all the time, though if there is something, I cannot focus on it so I either print it out to read later or flag it.   I've discovered that people need more time to process things working from home, and are often very careless in their actions, which need continuous checking as there are no managers to check up on them.  Combatting overthinking and thought cycles caused by the trolls who are harshly critical of me if I leave home or write about leaving home on social media, so I shrink from these and the news.   Not afraid of the virus as I've simply handed the problem to God, so I sleep fine,   But to get any work done I do this late at night, so my daily timetable is upset.   Can't see much point getting dressed when I am stuck at home.

• Being on the spectrum I knew I was also OCD and ADHD, but these haven't really concerned me much until now.  Focusing on tasks during the day is difficult, I have a burning need to check emails and phone for messages all the time, though if there is something, I cannot focus on it so I either print it out to read later or flag it.   I've discovered that people need more time to process things working from home, and are often very careless in their actions, which need continuous checking as there are no managers to check up on them.  Combatting overthinking and thought cycles caused by the trolls who are harshly critical of me if I leave home or write about leaving home on social media, so I shrink from these and the news.   Not afraid of the virus as I've simply handed the problem to God, so I sleep fine,   But to get any work done I do this late at night, so my daily timetable is upset.   Can't see much point getting dressed when I am stuck at home.

Children
No Data