How is everyone coping with the current changes?

Like most with autism I dont like change and I am finding everything really overwhelming and was wondering how others were coping?

It may seem daft but I am not worried about catching it, well obviously I don’t want to catch it but I am not anxious and thinking that I am going to catch it. It’s the lockdown and lack of routine that is sending me mad. I have my set routines and now I have to stay in I cant follow my weekly routines and this is what is causing me the stress. I do feel like your going to think I am being selfish as all I have to do is stay at home and others are putting their lives at risk, I just cant snap out of it.

A few years ago I had bit of a breakdown when things changed too much and it made me really ill, I am worried this may happen again, I live on my own and am really considering ignoring all the rules and just getting out of here but I no that is wrong and I think the stress of breaking the rules would then cause me an issue.

maybe I am over reacting, what is everybody else doing to get through this?, anybody else struggling too?

Parents
  • Hello,

no, you are not being selfish at all and it is quite understandable. I have been having two meltdowns a week even before the lock down due to my vehicle breaking down and strugling to repair it myself. I too find the break up of my routines hard to cope with but I am thankful that my local Autism charity have been in contact to see how I am as I live alone. It is hard to follow the rules on social isolation when those rules are not very clear. For example I cycle but keep getting conflicting information so asked my local police officer who very kindly explained what I can do and not do. Is there some form of excerise you like doing to keep yourself active? It is nice to be able to escape the confines of your home within reason. I do hope you find a way to get back in to your routines as much as is possible. 

• Hello,

no, you are not being selfish at all and it is quite understandable. I have been having two meltdowns a week even before the lock down due to my vehicle breaking down and strugling to repair it myself. I too find the break up of my routines hard to cope with but I am thankful that my local Autism charity have been in contact to see how I am as I live alone. It is hard to follow the rules on social isolation when those rules are not very clear. For example I cycle but keep getting conflicting information so asked my local police officer who very kindly explained what I can do and not do. Is there some form of excerise you like doing to keep yourself active? It is nice to be able to escape the confines of your home within reason. I do hope you find a way to get back in to your routines as much as is possible. 

Children
No Data