How is everyone coping with the current changes?

Like most with autism I dont like change and I am finding everything really overwhelming and was wondering how others were coping?

It may seem daft but I am not worried about catching it, well obviously I don’t want to catch it but I am not anxious and thinking that I am going to catch it. It’s the lockdown and lack of routine that is sending me mad. I have my set routines and now I have to stay in I cant follow my weekly routines and this is what is causing me the stress. I do feel like your going to think I am being selfish as all I have to do is stay at home and others are putting their lives at risk, I just cant snap out of it.

A few years ago I had bit of a breakdown when things changed too much and it made me really ill, I am worried this may happen again, I live on my own and am really considering ignoring all the rules and just getting out of here but I no that is wrong and I think the stress of breaking the rules would then cause me an issue.

maybe I am over reacting, what is everybody else doing to get through this?, anybody else struggling too?

Parents
  • Personally I am doing pretty good. Been furloughed from work for a week. was massivley anxious about that and not having money but am ok now. My wife is working from home 4 days a week and goes in the spare bedroom and I go downstairs. I work from home lots anyway so am genrally trying to keep the same routine. I only go for a walk at lunchtime and still get up at the same time each morning. I stil try and let weekends be weekends. It would be so diffrent if I had a normal job and went to a office and that would freak me out. 

My dad is in hospital and probably has Covid19, should know today, he is old but strong. However there is nothing I can do so I have to put it to the back of my mind.Maybe my Alexithymia helps in that case.

Keep going guys, it is difficult for many people at the moment. It will be over not too long from now, stay strong.

• Personally I am doing pretty good. Been furloughed from work for a week. was massivley anxious about that and not having money but am ok now. My wife is working from home 4 days a week and goes in the spare bedroom and I go downstairs. I work from home lots anyway so am genrally trying to keep the same routine. I only go for a walk at lunchtime and still get up at the same time each morning. I stil try and let weekends be weekends. It would be so diffrent if I had a normal job and went to a office and that would freak me out. 

My dad is in hospital and probably has Covid19, should know today, he is old but strong. However there is nothing I can do so I have to put it to the back of my mind.Maybe my Alexithymia helps in that case.

Keep going guys, it is difficult for many people at the moment. It will be over not too long from now, stay strong.

Children
No Data